Go Coast Bike Month
National Bike Month, promoted by the League of American Bicyclists, has been celebrated in May in communities across the US since 1956! Every year, Go Coast hosts an area-wide bike month that encourages residents of the WMPO region to ride a bike in place of a single occupancy vehicle.
Bike Month aims to celebrate and promote safe and convenient biking as a means of sustainable and equitable transportation, for exercise and health, for building community, and for fun!
2023 Go Coast Bike Month
How to Participate:
- Register for 2023 Go Coast Bike Month to receive communications and directions
- Join the Go Coast group on Strava OR report your rides starting May 1 with this Google form. Report after each ride, weekly, or at the end of the month — we’ll release anonymized data to track the eco-impact of Bike Month.
- Have fun riding your bike!
If you are an area employer or organization and want to promote Go Coast Bike Month to your employees, email us at email@example.com for resources!
Bike Month Event Calendar
Past Years’ Participation
- Rules of the Road
- Be A Looker road safety campaign and pledge
- How to put your bike on the bus
- Bike/Ped infrastructure map (including paths, bike lanes, and sharrows)
- Year of the Trail