May is National Bike Month!
“Think of bicycles as rideable art that can just about save the world.”
~ Grant Petersen
National Bike Month, promoted by the League of American Bicyclists, has been celebrated in May in communities across the US since 1956! Every year, Go Coast hosts an area-wide bike month that encourages residents of the WMPO region to ride a bike in place of a single occupancy vehicle.
Bike Month aims to celebrate and promote safe and convenient biking as a means of sustainable and equitable transportation, for exercise and health, for building community, and for fun!
Bike Month 2023
Register for 2023 Go Coast Bike Month email updates!
How to Participate:
- Register using the link above to receive communications and directions
- Join the Go Coast group on Strava OR keep track of your rides your own way
- Report your rides after each week during the month of May (reporting directions coming soon)
If you are an area employer or organization and want to promote Go Coast Bike Month to your employees, email us at email@example.com for resources!
Past Years’ Participation
View Results from Go Coast Bike Month 2021
View Results from Go Coast Bike Month 2020
View Results from Go Coast Bike Month 2018
- Rules of the Road
- Be A Looker road safety campaign and pledge
- How to put your bike on the bus
- Bike/Ped infrastructure map (including paths, bike lanes, and sharrows)
- Year of the Trail