2022 Go Coast Commuter Challenge
The Go Coast Commuter Challenge is an annual event that encourages WMPO Area residents to move sustainably! Traffic congestion is a major cause of much of our stress. We challenge you to use an SOV (single occupancy vehicle) as little as possible and instead utilize alternative transportation like biking, walking, carpool, transit, and telecommuting. Top participants will win prizes like gift cards to local businesses.
How to Participate
1. Sign up to participate here. WMPO staff will send updates regarding the challenge.
2. Track your trips from October 14-30 each time you use anything other than an SOV to get around.
3. Beginning October 14th, you can log your activity using this form. You can submit this form every time you go biking, walking, etc., or you can keep track of your own activity and submit the form one time at the end of the challenge. Participants can ask to be included on a leaderboard, which will be updated weekly below.
4. Make or join a team to compete with friends, colleagues, or family members.
5. Participants earn points for their team every time they report a commute by the following modes:
6. To view the leaderboard (updated weekly), please click here.